Primary Job Function:
This position is responsible for performing plant maintenance and engineering tasks, effectively meeting the plant standards for downtime, safety, performance, and quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors equipment functions and performs scheduled preventative maintenance
- Diagnoses equipment and machinery failures or problems and take corrective action with minimal supervision
- Performs basic electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs and adjustment
- Assist Class C mechanics as needed
- Utilize work jobs, breakdown report, work orders, and preventative maintenance logs
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair pf silos.
- Performs fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
- Assist in the installation of new plant equipment
- Assist production personnel with mechanical, electrical or other operational problems on any plant equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and lubrication on production machinery and other plant equipment and facilities in accordance with the preventative maintenance program as assigned.
- Perform and properly complete Lock Out/ Tag Out and Hot Work Tickets as needed.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- All employees are required to immediately report and assist in the elimination or control of any food safety issues they observe to their supervisor
- Monitors and enforces cGMPs
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Pre-requisite programs
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Forklift certified
- 3 to 5 years of related experience food production line equipment maintenance
- Welding, Soldering and fabrication knowledge
- Ability to understand written and oral direction in English and/or Spanish.
- Frequently lift and carry 10-50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and carry 51-100 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally climb an industrial ladder
- Regularly lift, stand, walk, and use hands to fingers